The focus of Styron & Shilling is real estate, estate planning, business and local government law. Our practice involves:
- providing municipal clients with legal advice concerning real estate development, infrastructure and management of growth, as well as administrative issues;
- assisting private entities in the legal aspects of acquisition and development of land in Southwest Missouri, from purchase to infrastructure to sales and leasing;
- providing general advice to business and non-profit organizations on matters of corporate governance, employment issues, regulatory compliance, and changes in ownership or management;
- real estate litigation on behalf of the firm's clients, including title insurance companies and lenders; and
- estate-planning, including preparation of wills, trusts, powers of attorney and non-probate transfers;
- probate of simple and complex estates and probate litigation.
We give our clients practical and economical legal advice that is informed and enriched by our own experiences outside the practice of law, as well as our varied legal careers.
We strive to provide detailed and clear engagement letters, understandable and prompt invoices, and plain-language written and oral communication. Our offices run quietly and efficiently, with modern legal research and document production technology and a friendly and helpful staff.
The information on this website is not legal advice, but is general information. You do not become our client unless we communicate directly with you and you confirm in writing that you have hired us. Sending us an email does not make us your client. In most instances, we require that you pay us in advance for services and sign an engagement letter before we assume any obligation to take any action on your behalf or to give you advice.